MOTHERSHIP MONDAY with Alien Athletes: Home Workouts, No Equipment Needed!
Today is the inaugural edition of MOTHERSHIP MONDAYS with Alien Athletes-- free, no equipment necessary, home workouts for folks of all fitness levels! A lot of ya'll have asked about this so I wanted to create a resource with basic workouts to get moving!
As with all physical activity, I recommend beginning and ending each workout with 5-10 minutes of movement (walking, jogging, biking, etc) followed by stretching and foam rolling as needed. If something feels tight, it probably is! I will be posting some resources around mobility work at a later date, but for now you can pretty easily find basic stretching and mobility movements via google or youtube.
All of the workouts you will find here are designed as circuits, meaning one activity is done immediately after the other for a specific number of reps and sets, before moving on to the next part of the workout.
Repeat 3x before moving to Circuit 2
- 5 Walk-outs (also called Inchworms)
- 16 Walking Lunges (8/leg)
- 15 Supermans (SLOW AND CONTROLLED!)
- 15 Bodyweight Squats
- 15 Push-ups (can be standard push-ups, kneeling, or incline! Listen to your body and focus on proper form!)
- 30 second Wall Sit
- 30 second Plank hold (if you can't do 30 seconds, instead try getting into the plank position, holding for a count of 5 seconds, then resetting for a set of 10-15 reps to build up to a 30 second hold)
- 20 Step Ups (can be onto a box, a step, a chair, etc. -- focus on using your glutes and tightening your core to balance as you step up. 10/leg or 20 total)
- 30 second Hollow Body Hold
- 15 Crunches
- 15 Sit-Ups
And that's it! Good luck and, as always, feel free to email with any questions! Alex@alienathletes.co